Engine spins over, but won't fire up - FI Model

Problem with the Blackbird ?
Then check into the out patients for advice and diagnostics from our very ownteam of Super-Blackbird technical guru's & members alike!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Engine spins over, but won't fire up - FI Model

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:27 pm

I went for a chill session on the XX the other night, and the engine just cut out. No spluttering, no loss of lights etc, just zero output from the engine.

Battery is nearly new, and it cranks the engine over at a very fast rate, so I doubt it's battery related :)

Reg/rec seems to be giving the correct voltages / resistance readings.

There's fuel in the tank AJ - just to save you asking.

The diode on the fuse box checks out OK, and all the fuses are fine - otherwise I doubt it would turn over.

I'm thinking that a fuel blockage would have caused the egngine to splutter a bit, but it was just an immediate failure of the engine.

Any ideas? Preferably something that would help to fix the fault, and I don't mean something silly like 'have you done the loom fix' ;)

I'd ask for sensible replies only, but that's asking far too much innit :D

If someone wants to go down and fix it while I'm in India this week, give Rosie a ring to make sure the kettle is boiled for when you arrive - there's bacon in the fridge, and bread rolls in the cupboard :thumbsup)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Re: Engine spins over, but won't fire up - FI Model

Postby Oldbull » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:23 am

Easy checks first.. kill switch, sidestand switch, wires at bottom of ignition barrel.. if it just cut out odds are its electrical not fuel.... is it alarmed
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Well, there used to be a time when one posted something here, and was inundated with very useful troubleshooting tips from all corners of the country. Either Ixxra has an entire membership of unskilled mikkinikal type bods, or nobody gives a flying fcuk anymore :-? Perhaps the latter.

In the absence of any other input OB, thanks for at least taking the time to respond :thumbsup)

It's sorted, but all I've done is to move it from one part of the garage to another so I could work on it, tried it - and it fired up :pullhair That really annoys me because now I won't know why it didn't start in the first place as I haven't found a fault duh duh duh duh

Oh well, let's see if it breaks down in the rain tomorrow while I'm heading to the coast :rolleyes: Actually, that might be an advantage, so I hope it pisses it down all the way lol
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby MaXX2 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:07 am

Stop whining you miserable twat :mrgreen:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Return to The Out Patients